The tips on teeth care are very helpful in keeping your teeth in good condition. Read and follow the guidelines to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Clean your teeth after each meal with a tooth brush, once a day also the interdental spaces with dental floss or interdental brushes
- Use a soft brush with a small head and change it at least every 8 weeks
- Use a tooth paste with high fluoride content (> 0.15%) but low abrasive value (RDA < 80)
- Wait 30 min before brushing teeth when you have eaten sour foods (e.g. orange juice, apple)
Eating and Drinking Habits
- Eat a balanced diet for good overall health, selecting a variety of foods from the five main food groups (bread, cereals, and other grain products; fruits; vegetables; meat, poultry, fish and alternatives; milk, cheese, and yogurt) and limit snacks.
- Limit sweet, sticky or sour foods
- Drinking frequent cups of tea or coffee with sugar added will increase the risk of teeth decay
- Don't chew on hard objects that could crack a tooth
- Have your teeth checked once a year by a dentist
- Have your teeth cleaned once a year by a dental hygienist
- Ask your dentist or dental hygienist for an individual dental care program
- Ask your dentist about cosmetic options for improving the appearance of teeth that are stained or chipped